Saturday, January 17, 2009

Melissa's Black and White Wedding

So, I usually just take pictures of my cakes and post them on here but today, I was blown away by my brides decorations. This reception was at Club 1000 downtown which is a beautiful venue already. Now, I see lots and lots of beautiful reception sites but I really loved the black and white theme from today. First off, four tiered cake iced in buttercream with coarse sugar, satin ribbon, and silver strands or pearls. I love how she used the black satin on the table and then trimmed with the lacy print!
Now, for her candy buffet, isn't it cute how her skirting is puffed up? I'm sure there is a name for this but puffy fits, right? So cute....

She had short and tall centerpieces, some twiggy, some flowery. Love how she added the black in there with the ornaments.


And this was unfinished, but part of her buffet. Not sure what was going on here but I still loved the set-up with the lacey type cloth over the black.

And finally, she used the paper lanterns which I always love...and look, there's my cake over yonder in the corner! :)




No comments: