Monday, April 28, 2008

4/26/08

Soooooo...didn't do any cake this weekend. Every now and then I don't have any weddings so I go ahead and block the weekend off for "family stuff." This weekend we went camping! Yahoo, one of my favorite things to do. :)
Dorian was a bit peeved at me when I only brought small marshmallows for the banana boats...
Dorian doin' a little fishing....well, actually, Dorian doin' a whole lot a casting and reeling in....not a lot of fishing.
Luke really did leave his bobber in the water and try to get something...Molly Lou had a great time with her Dora pole (practice fish still attached)...
We caught a frog, a snail, almost a snake, saw a woodpecker, Cardinals, Bluejays, Finches, turtles, geese, a coyote (by the sewage lagoon..Steven said he was down there getting sh*t faced), squirrels, rabbits, and a beaver...we tried really hard to find some morels but they escaped us except for one about the size of a button...
Momma made one MEAN beef stew in the dutch oven...not bad, eh? I also made a pineapple upside-down cake in my dutch oven...
Dorian gives his approval of the stew...
The whole fam chowing down...
Ms. Lou snuck a drink of my frosty, adult beverage...and then found a stick that was just her size!

Dad broke down and went to buy big marshmallows although i thought it was kind of fun roasting tiny ones! For whatever reason, Luke still is scowling, he did a lot of that this weekend. I think he is closing in on the "teen-age years"...Lord, help us. Dorian pointing at his flaming marshmeller...he points in pics a lot...

MMMMMMMM....Banana boats roasting...
Chocolatey, marshmallowy, banana-y goodness...no wait, GREATNESS. We all wanted seconds of this little gift from heaven but alas, Molly had eaten all the other b-nannies. :(

No comments: