Sunday, June 22, 2008

6/21/08

This week was not too busy compared to the last several weeks...whew! I have to say, it was pretty nice to just kinda chill and catch my breath! Here is what I did this week...
I did a baby shower cake for a former bride....


This was a top tier for a cupcake tree. The couple wanted cupcakes at there reception and decided to go with Baby Cakes...apparently they do not offer any type of cake so I did the topper....sounds like an opportunity there, eh?

This wedding was at the Mission Theatre in Mission, KS...cream cheese iced with satin ribbon and fresh floral topper....

This cake was at The Mission Hills Country Club... the cake is iced in buttercream with the vows piped around the edges and adorned with satin ribbon. This is one fancy place! I brought my son along as my official "door opener" and he was really excited...he really wanted to hit a few balls but I told him that I was pretty sure it was a private club!

And my new favorite venue...well, it was pretty cool but I may still be partial to Drexel Hall but anyways, this wedding was at Benton's at the Westin Crown Center....this was WAY cool. The restaurant is on the 20th floor of the hotel and all four sides of the place are completely glass. You can see the city in every direction...what a view! This bride choose to do centerpiece cakes for her guests....white cake, chocolate cake, peanut butter cake, key lime cake, and lemon cake...Yumm-O!

Here is the view facing downtown KC

Here's a pic of the cakes on each table and two solid walls of glass...COOL!

and a shot of Liberty Memorial in the background. Liberty Memorial is Kansas City's World War I Museum...


Ok y'all, thanks for looking, see you next week! :)

No comments: