Sunday, October 19, 2008

10/25/08

I told you guys this was a crazy week! I even forgot to take a pic of two of my birthday cakes....to start off with we have a picture that for whatever reason will not upload in the right direction....oh well, it's an Iowa Hawkeye grooms cake, peanut butter with chocolate ganache iced in buttercream with fondant accents.
A Led Zeppelin grooms cake to represent the grooms favorite t-shirt, marble cake with buttercream icing. I chose to omit the genitalia since the reception was at the church! Oh, and you shoulda seen the pastors face when he saw the cake....he said "Maybe you could place the cross over here by the demon." **shrinking into a corner**
An Arkansas Razorback grooms cake also peanut butter with chocolate ganache

A baby shower with a classic Pooh theme..mommy chose this Tigger cake. White cake with buttercream icing and fondant Tigger.

For the last volleyball game of the year, Lady Pirates thought they should recognize the outgoing seniors.
This cute little caterpillar cake was for a little boy having a bug themed birthday party.
A traditional wedding cake for an older couple (not old...just not 20ish like most couples I bake for) Three tiers, all white cake with buttercream and buttercream roses.


Four tiers iced in buttercream. White cake, strawberry cake, lemon cake and chocolate cake adorned with satin ribbon and fresh flowers from Beco Flowers. This reception was also at Deer Creek Golf Club in Overland Park, KS.
This cake was at Heritage Center in Olathe, KS. Four tiers, alternating shapes, all iced in buttercream in chocolate scrollwork. We decided the cake was busy enough that we didn't need a topper.
Three tiers iced in buttercream with fondant balls.

Three tiers iced in champagne buttercream with chocolate accents at Mission Hills Country Club
And I saved the most exciting for last. Yea, yea, I know the cake's really not all that special but the story is. See, this lady called last week and said, "I am calling from Tennessee and we are going to be in Kansas City this weekend and would like to announce to our families at dinner that we are pregnant." Well, turns out they were going to be in town because her husband plays for the Tennessee Titans! So, I did a onesie shaped cake decorated like the daddy's jersey and added baby blocks.....schweet huh? White cake with strawberry mousse filling, iced in buttercream with fondant accents.
PS- I have to confess that I'm really not a football fan....I love my baseball. So, when I got off the phone with the mommy, I was telling Steve that "her husband plays for the Titan's or something?" and Steve pops up off the couch and gets all excited. "Are you freakin' kidding me?" he says...."That's an NFL team!" Ok, then I got excited...sorry, didn't know! :)

1 comment:

Josh said...

first off, I love the Led Zeppelin cake!

second, that's a sweet story about the Titans player. I always knew you were going somewhere with your awesome baking skillz :)