Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mini-Meat Loaves

So, I said I would post some healthy recipes and of course, I slacked off. I am so lazy that even when I make a good one, I won't walk downstairs to get the camera! :P
1 slice whole-wheat bread, torn into pieces
1 shallot, quartered
2 c. baby spinach (we used 2/3 box of frozen)
1 lb. ground skinless chicken
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1/2 t. smoked paprika
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 t. salt
6 T. ketchup

1. Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly spray 1 (6 c.) muffin tin with nonstick spray.

2. Finely crumble the bread in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl. With machine running, add the shallot through the feed tube and process until minced. Add the spinach and pulse until finely chopped. Add the bread crumbs, chicken, cheese, egg, paprika, salt, and pepper; pulse until blended.

3. Fill each prepared muffin tin with 1/2 c. of the chicken mixture. Bake until an instant read thermometer inserted into the middle of a mini-loaf reads 165F, about 30 minutes. Top each meatloaf with 1 T. ketchup.

serving size-one meatloaf
Cal-170
Fat- 7g
chol-88mg
sodium-528mg
carb--7g
fiber-1g
protein-20g
POINTS- 4

No comments: