Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere

And what better way to get you in the holiday spirit than a Christmas book, right? Well, maybe go for The Night Before Christmas or something like that if you want to feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This book was a short read and well written but I felt like my heart was breaking while I read it. You've heard the song about the little boy who wants to buy his momma pretty shoes because she's gonna meet Jesus tonight...this is the story the song is about (actually was written about the song but whatever.) The book introduces us to the characters and then at the end, it tells how the mom talks to her son about how she's going to die....it's very sad. All I could think of was how sad I would be if I were that mom and knew that I was going to be leaving my family behind. :( I will be posting the sequel to this book soon, The Christmas Blessing. See ya soon!

No comments: